[AccessD] Converting to 64 Bit

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Dec 23 20:52:35 CST 2021

Depends on the organisation and the security requirements. :)

If they have their own FEs and they are .accdb then it doesn't matter.  One size fits alll.

If you want users to have accde, then you either upgrade everyone (which may be costly if
you have old workstations and old versions of Office) or you have two compiled versions.

I've got clients in both scenarios, but as old machines are replaced and office versions are
upgraded, they generally evolve to all 64 bit.

(The only proviso is if you are using any 32bit extrenal liraries of add-ons, you have to stick
with 32bit Access).