[AccessD] Table vs View Recordsource

Anita Smith anita at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Jun 24 02:58:29 CDT 2021

Due to the discontinuation of the humble ADP – I have found myself in the dire predicament of being tasked with converting some of my projects from ADP to ODBC.

Much to my horror I can no longer use my stored procedures as record sources for my editable forms. I then thought I’d use views as I’m thinking they would work reasonably fast.

Here comes my query:
When I bind a form to a table my date fields work like a charm. However when I bind a form to a view, Access spits the dummy on my date fields saying it can’t convert nvarchar to smalldatetime bla bla. Is this normal behaviour?

I have found myself wading around in date issues up to my eyeballs that I never had to give a second thought to in my ADP’s.

Furthermore I have two smaller ODBC projects where this does not happen and for the life of me I can’t glean any difference between those that work with views and the current one I’m working on that doesn’t.  I’m definitely getting too old for this!

Anyone out there why knows what gives?

Anita from down under

Anita Smith

[cid:DDi-Solutions-Email-Logo_fdcff211-839d-4fd1-865e-c500dea56b8a.png]<www.ddisolutions.com.au>        M: 0402 022 462
E: anita at ddisolutions.com.au<mailto:anita at ddisolutions.com.au>
Custom Software, Databases and Websites
The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then delete the message. It is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this message to anyone. The integrity and security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by the message.