[AccessD] Table vs View Recordsource

Anita Smith anita at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Jun 24 22:30:30 CDT 2021

Thank you for the links and information Paul.

Very good to know as I am new to ODBC after working with ADP's for many years. With ADP's I could bind a form to a stored procedure AND supply a criteria - thus moving all the processing to SQL Server and only retrieve one record at the time. This was very fast and efficient and I was gutted when they removed that.

I now have a couple of functions that I call to run stored procedures and also to return recordsets - I use these to do all the data processing and for screens that are not editable I still bind them to stored procedures that I call on when needed. All in all, I thought I had come up with a workable solution but the date problem blew me off my pedestal.

It looks like the ODBC driver is redistributable and so I gather that this is safe to run on my client's computers.

The other link you provided to Access Experts looks very interesting. I have always wanted to delve into moving the data to the cloud and keeping the front end local but I never had the time. The 5 minutes I did spend setting up a database on Azure and connecting to it, seemed to be too slow so I binned it. I guess it's a matter of bandwidth.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to me.

Anita

Anita Smith