[AccessD] Table vs View Recordsource

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jun 25 01:27:33 CDT 2021

Hi Anita

No, it is not the bandwidth, it's the latency of the cheap instances.
Fetching data is relatively fast, so is running queries, but saving data is slow, which means that normal operation of a bound form can be slow as well.

The upside of this is, however, that using Azure SQL is an extremely efficient way to locate bottlenecks. An inefficient query _will_ run slow, so modifying it to run fast will make it scream if run off a normal (in-house) SQL Server.

/gustav