[AccessD] Access lockup when using record selector search
wrwehler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 14:11:21 CDT 2021
So, then a fix for that seems to be:
"Me.child1.form.requery" in code at the end of my VBA button logic....
seems to fix or negate whatever "allow additions" breaks in the nav bar.
(which I discovered way earlier in this discussion that a form requery on
the subforms gets around the crash/lockup situation.
On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 2:06 PM Ryan W <wrwehler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Upon closer inspection it may simply be "Allow Additions" = no that causes
> the crash.
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 2:02 PM Ryan W <wrwehler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I found the root cause. if the datasheet form properties "allow
>> deletions" and "allow additions" are set to no, the datasheet form crashes
>> if the search bar is used without a me.form.refresh called first.
>> If you turn them to YES for the form1_subform form, the search crash
>> doesn't happen.
>> Here's a copy of the testing db:
>> So the form will come up hit the "Get stuff" button, then go down to the
>> navigation pane in the subform and type in the search box, it should
>> IF it crashes, re-open it and close the main form (because it may crash
>> with data in the temp table) and modify the subform and set those two
>> properties to YES and save and re-open the main form (make sure the subform
>> data is empty) and try again... it should not crash.
More information about the AccessD