[AccessD] autokeys macros

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:22:54 CDT 2021

yes but you are doing that from a button.  I am trying to trigger the macro
when a vb editor module is open and you are looking at it.

It appears that this hasn't functioned at any point after Access 97.  It
seems they carved the editor out of access and made it standalone and thus
broke this functionality.
IOW the autokeys macro is in the database now, not visible in the editor.

Sigh.

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 5:12 PM Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>
wrote:

> You mean DOCMD.RUNMACRO Auttokeys? Seems a bit pointless!
>
> But anyway - Office 2010:
>
> Autokeys macro:
> SubMacro ^Q - Action Messagebox "Q"
> SUbMacro ^W Action Messagebox "W"
>
> Button on a form.
> btn-_On Click
>     DocmdRunMacro.Autokeys
>
> Displays messagebox "Q" i.e. the first autokey.
>

> On 12 May 2021 at 13:44, John Colby wrote:
>
> > Can someone test running an autokeys macro in 2010 or later from
> > inside of a module?
> >
> > It worked back in the day.  I am not getting it to work now.
> >
> > I am running 2010.  I can get the macro to work when not in a module.
> > -- John W. Colby Colby Consulting -- AccessD mailing list
> > AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
> > http://www.databaseadvisors.com

Colby Consulting