[AccessD] Windows 11

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 05:33:39 CDT 2021

AFAIK there is no need to take the new version

>From my scanning of the documents - and considering the way that the system
resources used by win-10 have crept up,
I would consider an 8GB RM system with 4 core CPU to be the minimum for a system
that works well.
I'm looking towards waiting until well into 2024 before getting a new system and
the win-11
And that will be at least 16GB RAM, 250GB Storage, and a 6 core CPU
The system to be upgradeable to at least 32GB RAM

Re the benefits and annoyances

Supposedly a more secure system -  just all the nice new glitches that have yet
to be reported and assigned to someone to fix.

Reading -
Maybe see  - reasons for, or against 11
<http://enews.cnet.com/ct/59072908:W9jYpAH1N:m:1:643940547:FB87EF4277CB6DE0F41EE
3DDF10729B9:r>
And some notes on 10 v 11
<http://enews.cnet.com/ct/59072909:W9jYpAH1N:m:1:643940547:FB87EF4277CB6DE0F41EE
3DDF10729B9:r>

And - maybe google for ways to stop MS applying the windows-11 upgrade to your
system
(AskVG forums - from RSS feeds)
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/5M6-ToP7UKs/  (getting on for 2 months
ago)
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/sX-yPeOmD5k/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/dvxF7K9k99M/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/oeCqv7yhpgU/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/P6JSLT5ss2g/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/Lp2K5IyJ5Ts/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/gaUyE1JV4qc/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/_1Q_clnkOsA/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/XT9IfKIL4ps/
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/askvg/~3/MW4bAUhBps0/

There are also many descriptions of how to get the new win presentation and
workings back to the win-10 manner.
So possibly waiting for the number of them to stop increasing, and the release
of "new" for win-11 things in the apps to  settle down,

You don't say what the current Win system is - x64 or x32 and Home or Pro
And what apps and workload you run on it,
And how you have setup the desktop, admin and way you use it
Toolbars, taskbar,  stuff in the windows start panel, and what is pinned etc.
What security and backup processes - and are there likely to be any licence
problems with them or other apps

So a reasoned evaluation of the possible benefits is not possible.

 JimB