[AccessD] 32->64 bit

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:38:18 CDT 2021

This is more work than I had hoped. Also confusing. A bunch of the code I'm
trying to upgrade comes frm Access 2000 Developers Handbook (Getz, Liwin
et. a.) All the code I gpt from there declares the API stuff like this:

Private Declare Function xyz

I don't understand the use of "Private" in this context.

the Win32API_PtrSafe.txt file doesn't use the Private word. Instead the
declarations look like this:

 #If VBA7 Then
  Declare PtrSafe Function SetTimer Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As LongPtr,
ByVal nIDEvent As LongPtr, ByVal uElapse As Long, ByVal lpTimerFunc As
LongPtr) As LongPtr
#Else
  Declare Function SetTimer Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal
nIDEvent As Long, ByVal uElapse As Long, ByVal lpTimerFunc As Long) As Long
#End If

--
Arthur