[AccessD] 32->64 bit

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 20:31:39 CST 2021

Thanks for all your advice. I shall do what I can. I think that, about to
turn 74 in precisely a week, I'm getting too old for this game.  when this
project is done, I may hang up the towel, and consider a nre career.
Towel-boy in a mikvah comes to mind. Or perhaps I'll return to my career as
a backgammon player. great thing about backgammon: the rules are
well=established and involve no APIs. Or maybe a hairdresser. Shoe-shine
boy involves too much bedding.

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 6:20 PM Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>
wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2021 at 9:09, Borge Hansen wrote:
>
> > Forget about the constants and type declarations in the
> > fileWin32API_PtrSafe.txt file!
> > You already would have them for the API's you already have in your
> > Access project. Although Getz and Litwin and others may have prefixed
> > them - see my other email ...
>
> More Danger!  Many Types have changed element sizes from LONG to LONGPtr
> (essentially, any element that is a handle to an object or a pointer to a
> data structure or
> memeory location.  That changes bothe the size of the type structure and
> the offsets in the
> strucutre for the various elements in it.
>  It's very important to update any Types referenced by API declarations.

Arthur