[AccessD] 32->64 bit Conversion

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 14:50:03 CST 2021

I guess that I'm already almost halfway down the path, but it has become
time to wonder why I am doing this in the first place. The obvious answer
is that the client requested it, and while an engineer in his own field, he
is not a software guy (hence my employment). But it's become time for me at
least to pose the question, What am  gaining by this move to 64-bit?
Performance? And if so, are there any benchmarks to verify this?
Compatibility with the default Office installation? And if so, why is that
important? Com[atinility with current and future hardware? Something else
that hasn't occurred to me?
I am as willing as anyone to spend my client's dollars, but I also have, at
least intermittently, a conscience, and would like to know what benefits I
am delivering for the dollars the client is spending.
Suggestions in the way of justification are invited.

--
Arthur