[AccessD] International Addresses

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:34:12 CST 2021

Given how little view they're giving you on how the data will ultimately be
used, I'd go with the Address fields 1, 2, 3,etc. - would probably name
them internally as fldxxx1, fldxxx2, etc. so that if one field was not an
address datum - like a name, company, person, etc, it wouldn't confuse the
inheriting programmer with field names that all had 'address' in them.

And I'd go with 8 lines because I can see a six liner,  which means (if I
was designing it) I'd have two lines for expansion. Also, they may want to
use the extra line for telephone number, email, or other communications
purpose. And of course, easy to add another date field and corresponding
label for expansion.

Then, I would set up a labels table (I did this recently, to give the user
flexibility in defining the field from the UI POV, without having to come
back to me for each change) so that they could define their own captions
for each field's label.  The labels would be a back end table, of course.
This way, you give them maximum flexibility.  If they want to standardize
at some later date, all the data is there in separate fields for a
conversion program to crunch.

What are the +s and -s you see to this?

hth