[AccessD] A couple of Access+Excel Questions

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 20:08:36 CDT 2021

I have an Access 365 app that occasionally has to talk to Excel. I created
an Excel template to receive a DAO RecordSet from Access. I formatted the
columns and column heads, then inserted four rows above the recordset to
hold the values CompanyName, ProjectNamd and ReportHeadingl these
values exist on the Access form containing the button that does the export
to Excel. They also exist as static functions in Access.

1. In the Access code, how do I tell Excel  to open the template rather
than just creating a blank workbook?
2. The Access code also supplies the name of the Excel file to create. That
part works fine.
3. I want to send the values mentioned above to cells B2, C2 and D2.  And
since I've added those three rows, I'll need to somehow indicate that the
recordset data should start at A4
3. How do I create a named range in excel? Is that even the right
approach? Is there a better way?

Thanks.

--
Arthur