[AccessD] Thanksgiving

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Mon Oct 11 21:15:59 CDT 2021

Happy Thanksgiving Arthur!

John B.

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessD <accessd-bounces+jbartow=winhaven.net at databaseadvisors.com> On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 10:17 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Subject: [AccessD] Thanksgiving

I know the American date is roughly a month away, but here in Canada today is Thanksgiving. That means that we pause and take a few moments to extend our thanks to those who matter to us. Typically we cook a turkey and share it among family and friends, but COVID-19 has pretty much put the kairbosh to that, at least this year, so my little party will consist of three people, all of whom have received double-vaccinations.

Here comes the Thanks part. I want to thank all my cyber-friends that I have met here on the AccessD list -- to many to name, or I would go over the message-length limit.

So far as I know, Thanksgiving is only a celebration in North America, and in the USA it's even bigger than Christmas. Geographic distribution of a moment of thanks doesn't matter. Try a Canadian moment and take a pause and give thanks to those you love, and those events that changed your life for the better.

AccessD is the best site I ever found to exchange ideas and problems with.
I program in several languages,, but Access +Word + Excel is the main one.
I've created dozens of apps that begin with Access and then reach out to SQL Server and Word and Excel -- and one of them, which I am revisiting currently -- I wrote the original code in 2004! (How do I know this? Thanks to MZ-Tools, which plants headers in your code that include StartDate, Aurthor, Purpose and so on.) When I look back, I think that trivial apps (those you can write in a week or a month) have formed a small part of what I've written over my career.
More often, the apps I've written involve 100+ tables, and now and then
500+ tables. Most of these were written in Access, and in the large
examples, with a SQL back-end (the only way to deal with Terabytes of data._ I learned a ton from this list, and thanks to you all, I scaled mountains I didn't think I could climb.
This is Canadian Thanksgiving, and I thank you all!

--
Arthur