[AccessD] Context sensitive help

Anita Smith anita at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Oct 19 17:20:59 CDT 2021

As I'm simply too lazy to write extensive help files I've devised a system where I have a help table of form names with a memo (help) field. I populate this from the system objects when I've completed the application.

I then dump a small help button on each screen that fires a function to open a form displaying the help record for the current form.

I start by writing help topics for the most complicated forms to kick it off. I leave the help form open for edit so the users can write their own notes/help topic as they go along. I also use rich text in the help field to make it look more professional and allow them to highlight etc.

Makes sense? If not I'll elaborate more if you are interested.

Anita