[AccessD] Slow upload to Google Drive

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Thu Oct 21 11:45:20 CDT 2021

> -----Rocky said Message-----
> There is apparently a way to upload files - drag and drop.  I tried
dragging and
> dropping the whole folder but at that point where it said it would take 45
> days to complete I cancelled the upload and found 8 pictures had been
> transferred.

Give it try for a day or two. You might find that day 2 says 40 days left
and day 3 says 20 days left. I don't use Google drive, but I've had Dropbox
tell me that there's an hour left, and a couple minutes later it says 40 min
left, etc, and that 60 minutes ends up only taking 5-10 minutes. Personally,
I think that something is looking at the size of the largest files and
calculates them all to be that large. Nothing to base that opinion on, but
who knows, you might find that based on your connections upload speed, that
45 days might only take 4 or 5 days.

Kathryn