[AccessD] Turn a recordset into an actual table

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 06:49:20 CDT 2021

 There is nothing like this anywhere in Access.

 When it comes to forms, for a dynamic record set, you can:

1. Have a series of un-bound controls, check the record set fields collection at the forms OnLoad, and then populate the controls as needed hiding the ones that you don't want to use.
2. Fill a temp table and point it to that.

 For combo's and list boxes, you can

1. fill them manually by row and column with a call back function
2. fill the recordsource with a value list
3. Use a temp table and point it to that.

   Unfortunately, Access doesn’t have a "put record set" command unlike other products (i.e. VFP).    It has a GetRows() function to bring stuff in, but not the corresponding Put.

Jim.