[AccessD] Offsite Access Contractor Opportunity

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:56:09 CDT 2021

Hello Access Developer friends.

A longtime friend of mine is looking for someone to do some work on an
Access application that is used by the company that he contracts with.
He does work with their Oracle Applications Suite but doesn't know
Access at all.  He initially asked me if I would take this project on
and I declined as I'm committed to retirement <grin> but mentioned I
may have contacts through AccessD that may be interested.

I'm forwarding his email describing the situation.  It included a
screen shot that won't make it through to the list emails.  If you are
interested, contact me and I can direct email you his email including
that error screen.

If you are interested in this project, let me know and I will forward
you his contact information.  The company is a multi division company
spread throughout the US and Europe.  They are a manufacturer of
exercise equipment among other products.  The specific division using
this system is located in Denmark I believe.  It is expected that
whomever would do this would be working remotely.

Here is his email.....
---------------------------------------

Sorry for the delay.   I have spoken with Lina about you and your
network of people with Experience in MS Access.   I know you wanted a
little bit of understanding of our needs so I thought I would use
email to get the questions and conversation flowing.

What I do know.

We use Access to create files to import into the respective systems.
We have MS Dynamics, Exact (Another POS type system) and Oracle.
Requests come in through SharePoint and from there they are picked up
by Access after some filtering.   From Access, depending on item types
and needs, a file is generated for creation of item and or Bill Of
Material.   There are tables within Access that do validations.  There
are UI’s being used within Access for the different file type needed.

>From my viewpoint these are the issues we are having….

Duplicate records being created in one of the files being generated.
Updating records in Sharepoint from the UI button assigned to do this
task is not working properly.
There is a Refresh button being used to bring data in for validation
purposes which we don’t seem to have access to.   We use this but we
receive the message…

<Screen Shot here displaying a Macro Single Step with an error #3146>

General Support

Let me know if you have interest in taking on this project and I will
put you in direct contact with my friend and the company people you
would be working with.

Gary Kjos - garykjos at gmail.com
Longtime AccessD member but now retired
--