[AccessD] Access and Google maps

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Sep 8 14:27:07 CDT 2021

Hi Listers,

I have a client that wants to have a google map in their Access
application.  I have seen the google developer’s site with general
information.

I have read that an Access web control will allow this to be done.  Is this
the best way?

On the map they want to have icons representing different items (eg
locations of manholes, Receiver towers, Control Boxes).  Can customised
icons be used?

Does anyone know if it is possible to click on an icon and have other code
run (eg pop up boxes with extra information)?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand