[AccessD] Password Managers

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 10:11:48 CDT 2021

I use Last Pass.  IT's very convenient.  I make up my own passwords,
though.

THe passwords Last Pass stores for me are encrypted and there's only one
copy of the master password and that's in my head. So I'm not worried about
my passwords being compromised by a hack at Last Pass.

However, a password manager will not prevent a hack from getting your
password from a specific site.  That's the responsibility of the company
that has your password for their site. ANd we have seen how uneven the
protections of your password are from company to company.