[AccessD] Sum of a Row

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 17:44:18 CDT 2022

Dear List(s):

I have an app which keeps track of the number of students in a course. I
have  form bound to a table which has 53 fields (one for each state plus
D.C. Guam, and Puerto Rico) plus a field for the course number.

Client wants a form showing the states across the top and courses down the
left side. No problem. He also wants the total students at the bottom by
state - no problem (=sum...etc.).

He also wants the sum out on the right side of all the states' students for
that course (row). Problem.

a simple control source =state1 + state2 + state3... is too long. The field
names are like fldISCD_State_AK, fldISCD_State_AL, fldISCD_State_AR, etc.

I tried making a function called Summit which would some the fields and set
the control source of the text box =Summit().  But it ain't workin'.

So I'm having trouble figuring out how to get that row total in that last
box. I think there must be a simple way to do that. But I've never
encountered this requirement before so it ain't in my toolbox.

Any ideas?

MMTIA,

Rocky