[AccessD] On resumes and cover letters

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:18:58 CDT 2022

Arthur, I apologize for misunderstand your post. I think you can try for the humor, but that's a hard act to get right all the time with all the possible employers. But, good luck with it if you try that route.

As for young people -- I think that's the way it's always been. I don't think their attitude is all the different from when I was that age.

Susan H.

Rocky, I think that the younger generation of which you speak is seriously disadvantaged. Graduating from some school, many thousands of dollars in debt, hoping they won't be fired or otherwise disemployed, thinking that a family and owning a home is simply not in the cards, watching China's huge increase in both GNP and GDP and thinking, maybe it's over for America....
I can understand. But you also make two excellent points: the young 'uns fail to appreciate the bruises and scars us elders have accumulated, how quickly we can spot a scam and its promises of gold; and your second point, they are reluctant to give back because they are afraid they will be laughed at for saying something foolish, while nothing could be further from the truth. Long ago, I learned a valuable lesson: if you want to know what's important in current music, ask a teenager. A teen can sift through the deluge of crap and spot something worth listening to far faster than an old fart like me.