[AccessD] ODBC driver for Access 2019 to MySQL

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:11:23 CDT 2022

It appears that it was the bitness thing.  I did it over again with 32 bit
and I now see two MySQL odbc drivers, ansi and unicode.

I even created a DSN file.  Woohooo.  And I tested it successfully.
Amazing stuff.

However, where the hell is it?  I am trying to actually use the silly thing
and the DSN isn't showing up.  Does windows store them all together in some
secret location?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 8:05 AM Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>
wrote:

> Yes.
>
> You need to download and instal the mySQL ODBC connector
>
> https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/
>

> On 27 Apr 2022 at 5:43, John Colby wrote:
>
> > Does Microsoft allow Access to connect (link) to MySQL?
> >
> > I have a MySQL database on my web site.  It exists, has data, I have a
> > user and password.  I need to connect Access to that database.
> >
> > I am trying to create a dsn file and MySQL is not a choice for
> > drivers.  In fact the choices are distinctly slim pickings.  Mostl sql
> > server.
> >
> > Can anyone help me get this done?
> >
> > --
> > John W. Colby