[AccessD] Tab Control Hover Color Changing

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Apr 28 14:51:57 CDT 2022

Hi Listers,

I have a form with a tab control.  There are 14 tabs. The Style property is
set to Buttons.  The Use Theme property is set to No (This is because Use
Theme doesn't allow Multi-Row, and in Design View the tab control can't be
made narrower than the width of all the buttons - the buttons are wider than
the form width so the form cannot be sized to fit the form width)

Depending on the value of a field on the first tab, the subsequent tabs are
either set to visible or not.

If I don't change any tabs (ie set them to visible or not) then when I hover
over a tab button the font color stays the same.  However, when I do change
any tabs by setting them visible or invisible, then the hover color of the
font is a light blue.  I do not want the hover color to change.

I have tried changing the Hover color property but this is only relevant if
the Use Theme property is set to Yes.

I have 2 other tab forms that act in the same way - hover color if I make
tabs invisible, no color if I don't hide tabs.

I have tested it in a different database with the same result.

Has anyone come across this before?

My current solution is to create an extra tab on the other 2 forms and hide
it when the form loads - this means all the tabs show the hover color.

Ideally I would like to either not have the hover color show (it is a light
blue), or be able to change it to a color that suits the color scheme for
the application.

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd