[AccessD] ldb file

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:46:52 CDT 2022

I have a user who is trying to install an update to the back end that I
sent him.  But first he wants to move the existing back end to a different
folder.  But the .ldb file is still there. And windows will not allow him
to delete either the database of the ldb file.

I had him send me the .ldb file, and it has records in it for four users.
For all four users the Logged On property for all four = No, the Suspect
property = No, and the Committed Transactions = N/A.

Question 1 is - how can he delete this .ldb file and the associated mdb?
Question 2 is - how did they create this situation so they can avoid doing
it again in the future?

MTIA

Rocky