[AccessD] Access and COM objects

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Dec 20 20:21:37 CST 2022

COM and WIn32 API are two very different things.

And of course I remember WIn32. I use it just about every day.

Every time you put something like
Declare PtrSafe Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" _
  (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As LONG
in a VBA module, you are using WIn32.

Every time you embed an ActiveX control on an Access form, you are using a COM object.
Or go to Tools-References in the VBE. Every one of those entries is a COM object.
If you use one, you are using COM.