[AccessD] Outlook Question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:59:25 CST 2022

Are the appropriate Access libraries registered?

Susan H.

When I run the program, I get an automation error - library not registered.
I do have Outlook installed and I did add the Outlook 14 library to the
references. But that's not the problem apparently. I tried re-registering
the library using guidance from Google but the regsrvr says library not
found - even though it is there in the right folder.

It *might* have something to do with the fact that Outlook was last
configured to use GoDaddy's server. So when I start Outlook I get a message
that the connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be
connected to complete this action.

Then opens a dialog box prompting for Exchange Server (showing the previous
now non-functional server address) and Mailbox.

I suspect that the Library Not Registered thing is a consequence of being
hooked to an exchange server that is no longer there for me.  But still I
can't figure out how to tell Outlook this and then configure Outlook for
Gmail so I can test this client's email automation thing I just wrote.  I
don't need to send the email, just pop it up in Outlook so I can see that
the formatting and data fields are all correct.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2010 do this?  Or what's the
shortest way to get where I'm trying to go here?

MMMTIA

Rocky