[AccessD] Office 16.0 Theme

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:11:22 CST 2022

Hey All,
  I've got a Mix of Office 2013/2016/2021 in: ProPlus, Standard + Access
Runtime, Access Runtime (no office suite).

 For ProPlus/Standard + Runtime I can control the theme via GPO by setting:

HKCU:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\"UI Theme" REG_DWORD "5" to set
to "WHITE"

This gets rid of the obnoxious "Colorful" theme which gives Access 2016+
the "RBFH (Red Bar From Hell)" according to my users.

HOWEVER, for the workstations that have NO Office suite installed but use
the Access Runtime alone, this registry key does not do the trick.

I've also tried "default ui theme" REG_DWORD of 5 as well which I've found
mentions of in a few places online.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the RUNTIME Access theme off of the
"Colorful" theme since I cannot access it via File->Account or
File->Settings in Runtime?