[AccessD] Access 2021 accde (64 bit) incompatible with Access 2013 64 bit

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:46:45 CST 2022

Good news on some of this. The Access 2016 runtime works with Office 2021 compiled accde files. As long as my references support the OS/Library in question. So I was able to get rid of having to compile on a VM with Access 2013 by moving everything 64 bit up to the 2016 runtime.

Since 2016 and up are all versioned as “16.0” as long as I don’t use any internal functions in code that don’t exist in older versions I should be ok.

Now as for my Office 2013 32 bit machines I still have to compile those in a VM.

At least I’ve eliminated a step!

Sent from my iPhone