[AccessD] Can't find or open debug window

Paul Wolstenholme Paul.W at industrialcontrol.co.nz
Sun Jan 16 15:00:39 CST 2022

Arthur,

My usual response when I've opened a window and find its title bar to be
off-screen was usually as follows:
1) Alt-m
2) m
3) any cursor key, such as the down arrow
4) move the mouse
5) left click

At 1) you open the context menu for the window (a standard feature, not
just limited to Access windows).  The (off-screen) window you are
interested must have had the focus for this to work.  The context menu it
opens is also probably off-screen too.

At 2) you are selecting the Move option from the context menu.

At 3) you are initiating movement of the window.  You can use cursor keys
repeatedly to keep moving it but perhaps you still can not see the window
or know where off-screen it is.

At 4) the window snaps to the mouse cursor location and you can see it on
screen and place it where you want it.

At 5) you stop the window from following the mouse.

More recently people in a very helpful forum taught me about holding the
windows key then typing a cursor to move a window.  I suspect that might be
a much easier answer to the problem of moving a window that has the focus
but is not positioned on-screen.  Re-training myself to remember that is
taking some time but it might work too.

I use my computer with 2 screens of 2 different sizes.  Some programs
seem to end up opening a window on the smaller screen with a position
inherited from the bigger screen.  Murphy's law assures us the inherited
position will be just where I don't want it (with the crucial parts in the
invisible zone that surrounds the smaller screen).

I hope this helps.

Paul