[AccessD] A real puzzler

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:20:46 CST 2022

Thanks for the replay, Charlotte.
a) Everything is in Access 365, classic FE/BE split.
b) I didn't even know there was such a thing as "hidden objects". I don't
even know what that means. Nor do I have any idea how to unhide any such
objects. On this entire subject I have not a clue.

What exactly is a hidden object, and why would I want to create one? Aside
from that, how does one un-hide a hidden object? This aspect of Access is a
whole new word to me.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 3:28 PM Charlotte Foust <charlotte.foust at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Try showing hidden objects.  Is this a local or linked table and Access or
> SQL table?
>
> Charlotte Foust
> (916) 206-4336
>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 10:47 AM Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a pair of queries that depend on a table called
> Project_Summary_tbl.
> > Suddenly neither query runns. I get a message saying I don't have
> > permissions on this table. So I looked for the table in the table list
> and
> > it wasn't there. So I imported the table from an old backup of the BE,
> and
> > arrived as Project_summary_tbl1. I tried to rename it and was told there
> > already is an object called Project_Summary_tbl. So why can't I see it?
> Or
> > make it visible, or something?
> > Maybe I should create a new database and import everything from the
> current
> > BE. I don't know if that will work. I've never seen a situation like this
> > before.
> >
> > --
> > Arthur
> > --