[AccessD] Hope for the Best, Anticipate the Worst

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 04:54:27 CST 2022

For consideration

A phrase from which you create passwords
you remember the phrase, and can write down start character, chars to skip in
the phrase, and number of characters in the password set
Those numbers can be in plain with the access id
Also have a prefix or suffix set of characters  that get added to the generated
character set.

You can stick those in a will, or codicil  so that the Executor will have access
to the main set of keys to get at whatever you have been doing.
including notes re. what work is for who.
I use Spideroak to hold backups of the files containing data I have typed in -
you can  download the backup to a new PC ( providing you remember the access
key)
and then use the encryption key to decrypt the data that has been got onto your
new (other) system

Also  - from experience - use different backup programs  to hold the multiple
backups of your data -
Cloud is nice until it gets wiped, or you cannot access it
E.G. MS-365 comes with 1TB of Onedrive storage,  forget to renew  and that's
that storage wiped!

JimB