[AccessD] Hope for the Best, Anticipate the Worst

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 10:47:34 CST 2022

So when you get the error, what is the exact error number and description?
When you click Debug on the error box, is the MsgBox line of code
highlightedIs the
When confronted with these unexplained errors I often try things that
should make no sense but sometimes give a clue.

Did you try to replace the IF with Msgbox to see what value of Dcount is
being returned?

If the Dcount is not working then:

Dim a variable as variant, set the variant = Me!code_kritiki.Value and use
the variant in your Dcount.  Shouuld make NO difference but...well...you
know...Access...

Else

Replace your MsgBox with a simple MsgBox "!".  Again, should make no
difference, but.

Are you expecting the value in Me!code_kritiki.Value to be numeric or are
you trying to cover the case where the user has entered a non-numeric
value?  If so, then I would place a first test before the DCount -  Not
IsNumeric(Me!code_kritiki.Value)  and if the value is not numeric give an
error message and exit.  That would siimplify the SCount.