[AccessD] Lookup Tables Implementation

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 09:45:10 CST 2022

Arthur,

Cannot give my opinion because I have never done it. Others will give you
theirs no doubt. I do have some questions however.

 1) Is the backend used by multiple users?
2) Supposing you can do (and have done) did as you propose, are you locking
down the BE so users can’t harm the queries?
3) Since I have never tried doing it, I don’t know - so I am asking here -
what does the recordsource look like for a form that bases its data on a
query in the backend? I see no way to link queries (only tables) using
Access’s native import features.

I could see a macro that deletes local queries then copies their
replacements from the BE to the FE being a safeguard against obsolescence.
Not sure I understand the benefits you think are inherent in involving a
back-end to store anything other than tables and indexes.