[AccessD] db execute on linked vs local table

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 13:48:34 CST 2022

Is there a reason db.execute syntax is a bit different on a linked (ODBC)
vs local (DAO?)

db.execute "UPDATE tbl SET col_A = TRUE" works as expected locally.

where run on a linked table, it NULLs out the bit field.

but db.execute "UPDATE tbl set col_A = 'TRUE'"  or db.execute "UPDATE tbl
set col_A = 1" works remotely and the numerical representation of
true/false works both remote AND locally.

However 'TRUE' or 'FALSE' with the single quotes on a local table gives a
data type mismatch (which makes sense, because it's treating it as a
literal and not converting it to 1/0.

I guess my question is, is it the difference in the DAO engine vs the ODBC
layer that is turning my BIT field NULL (linked) versus local?