[AccessD] Rich text text boxes

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:09:00 CDT 2022

I never even noticed the little editor tool bar that is in there now.  That
is cool, at least for a hands on user.

As for setting the text box format to 'Rich Text', that was not an option
in design view until I did the rigmarole of binding to a rtf field.

I guess I will try simply programmatically setting the control to 'Rich
Text' and see what happens.

As always Stuart, I never miss a chance to learn from you.

Thanks again, and I bow in your general direction.  Or I would if I knew
what general direction that would be.  😁

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 7:10 PM Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>
wrote:

> Two points:
>
> Microsfot uses the term "RichText" in two very different ways.
>
> 1.   WIth a "RichEdit Control".
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/controls/rich-edit-controls
>
> A real Rich Edit control uses Richt Text - which is NOT HTML. It's an
> entirley different
> encoding.
>

> The MS Access  "Rich Text" textbox is an enhanced basic textbox which is
> essentailly a
> WYSIWIG HTML editor.  You can turn any MS Access Textbox into a textbox
> which stores
> and display HTML simply by setting it's Format property to Rich Text.
> Once you have done
> that, double clicking anywhere in the text pops up a small floating menu
> with formtting
> buttons (colour, size, bold, italic buttons etc).
>

> On 12 Jul 2022 at 10:58, John Colby wrote:
>

> > The text control is obviously NOT a browser.  How it works is a
> > mystery, however it does allow at least a modicum of HTML formatting.

Colby Consulting