[AccessD] gobbledygook

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jul 12 22:41:52 CDT 2022

That my friend is REAL MS RichText :)

It's what MS used to use by default in emails before they got the message that only Outlook
could read it - anyone using a different email client just say that crap. So they canged to
HTML as the default.

As I said earlier, it's totally different to HTML.

Saving your HTNL text in Wordpad  as a .rtf file made Wordpad translate the HTML to RTF
before saving it. Changing the extension didn't change the content back.

CSS  (Cascading Style Shhets) is something entirely different.
It's a way of storing HTML styles in a separate file so that you don't have to repeat the style
every time it's used

 In the HEAD of the HTML page, you would have a line that says something like
<link rel="stylesheet" href="camco.css" type="text/css">

A CSS file looks something like this:

body{
	font-family: "Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Grande", sans-serif;
	color: #000077;
	font-size: 16px;
	line-height: 1.3;
	text-align:left;}
h1 {
	color: #0000bb;
	background-color: #e0e0e0;}

It stores the style you want to use for any element of a page that is wrapped in tags.
The h1 sytle means that every time anything in the HTML is wrapped in <h1>...<.h1> tags, it
will be in blue with a grey background.

That saves you from writing
<h1 color: #0000bb; 	background-color: #e0e0e0;> ..... </h1>
every time you want a header on any of your web pages.

Using a stle sheet means that  you can change the appearance of any element in the  whole
site with one edit in the CSS file.