[AccessD] VBA Offline Help

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Jul 28 00:54:26 CDT 2022

It is the certainly of use if you want to create instructions for users.

The  HelpFIle property is for setting your own application Helpfile.

If you create a CHM  application Help file with a third party tool such as WinCHM (my
go-to), place it in the same directory as your .accdb file and set the file name in the form's
HelpFIle property,  it will open when you hit F1 while you are on the form.

While you can't set it globally AFAIK, It is not very onerous to set it for each form where you
want context sensitive help.

If you have set  Context Ids in the .CHM file (WInCHM does that automatically for each
page you create) and on controls, the Helpfile will open to the appropriate entry if you hit F1
while a control has the focus.

--
Stuart