[AccessD] Locked Doc

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:20:01 CDT 2022

Dear List:

I got the following from a client. I don't see anything wrong with the save
statement but I'm not that familiar with Word automation.  Any ideas what's
going on?

MTIA

Rocky

The problem I am having is when Access creates a letter, it then saves it
to a predetermined location and THEN when I try to bring it up, word says
it is locked by the person that created it… WTF

We were using we.FileSaveAs  Path/Doc name

Brad changed it to

     wd.ActiveDocument.SaveAs2 Filename:=FDN, FileFormat:= _

        wdFormatXMLDocument, LockComments:=False, PASSWORD:="",
AddToRecentFiles _

        :=True, WritePassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,
EmbedTrueTypeFonts _

        :=False, SaveNativePictureFormat:=False, SaveFormsData:=False, _

        SaveAsAOCELetter:=False, CompatibilityMode:=15

Now you can only open the document as a read only…

?