[AccessD] Retrieving output param from stored procedure (ADO CMD Param)

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:22:47 CDT 2022

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Trying to retrieve a VARCHAR type output parameter from a stored proc:

The only DataTypeEnum that has worked for me is adBSTR

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ado/reference/ado-api/datatypeenum?view=sql-server-ver16

If I use adVarChar, adVarWChar, adLongVarChar, adLongVarWChar I get an
"Item not found in collection" message. (error 3265).

If I use adBSTR it works but I haven't tested on what it'll do if I return
a simple INT data type but it DOES work with VARCHAR(MAX).