[AccessD] Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for Windows: Lifetime License | TechSpot

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Jun 22 08:29:57 CDT 2022

Stuart,

Yes it can be done, but it depends on the client.

Microsoft for example cut-off all O365 services (One Drive, Exchange Online,
etc) for all versions of Office prior to 2016 in 2020.  That killed quite a
few of my clients, mostly those using Exchange on-line.   If someone is
hosting their servers on Azure services, that is another place you can run
into problems.   Microsoft blocks port 25 for sending mail and you can't get
around it unless you are a very big corporation.  Problem is, older versions
of Office can't support all the modern authentication methods now being
pushed (oAuth).

On the flip side, I had a client that was still running A2000 up until a
year ago.    But they were having random crashes even with Windows Server
2008 R2 and the writing was on the wall (bug in an Office DLL).  They had to
upgrade.   The oldest version I am servicing now is Access 2007, but that
client is being forced to upgrade because of the services they are using.

 The point is "lifetime" is not forever and you should figure all bets are
off around the five-year mark.

Jim.