[AccessD] Running MS Access on Windows 11 ARM

Borge Hansen pcs.accessd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 22:05:48 CDT 2022

Ryan, no problem. This is a fast moving world we live in. I tried to get
the facts about this by doing a search on Google, but very confusing as the
status keep changing.
I am now installing Parallels 17 Desktop on a MacBook Pro M1 laptop and
will install a Windows 11 ARM version as VM running in Parallels.
I have an Office 365 subscription. The crucial point here is what versions
are available for my subscription. I know MS has an ARM version available
of Office products Excel and Word but not Access. But Access and other x86
apps should be able to run with the “help of a built-in Windows emulator
that helps run such applications on ARM architecture. Microsoft constantly
enhances the emulator, thus if an application doesn’t work today, it might
work tomorrow.” (Parallels knowledge base 128796 last review of 23 June
2022).
I will report back here when I’ve tested this out.
/borge