[AccessD] Can't append all the records in the append query - set 1 field(s) to null due to type conversion failure

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jun 30 02:53:10 CDT 2022

Hi Paul

> Can anyone please point me to good information on date + time type conversion and recommended practice?

I guess you answered your own question - stay off DateTime2 if at all possible. In Access, it will cause nothing but trouble.

In the rare cases where you need decimal seconds, your observation is correct. Access handles nicely 1 ms resolution for the entire range of Date. However, custom functions are needed - like those in my module DateMsec.bas at:

https://github.com/GustavBrock/VBA.Date

/gustav