[AccessD] Identifying SQL Server blocks/deadlocks?

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:57:44 CDT 2022

Hey Anita,
  Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I'm using sp_who2 as well as
sp_whoIsActive (https://github.com/amachanic/sp_whoisactive/releases) and
another query I found online.  The issue is sometimes I am not around to
quickly kill a process and would love some logging as to not only WHO but
what query or transaction is holding a lock.

  I use a mix of views, stored procedures on the back end as well as
querydefs/ad-hoc queries either done programatically or stored in a forms
recordsource property.

  As I said, sometimes the lock resolves itself and I've had a couple times
where it sounds like they were deadlocked for a half hour or more until I
got in and killed the offending SPID at that time.  Unfortunately I haven't
had time to examine what the SPID is doing as "time is money" and downtime
is pretty much unacceptable.

 Most if not all of my server side tables also have a Timestamp column, but
perhaps I need to do some more checking to see if some are missing.