[AccessD] Sysinternals and Timer Resolution.

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Oct 3 17:41:22 CDT 2022

Trying to find out why I was runing at 1ms, I did a bit of seraching and came across this
handy hint, (especially useful for laptops):

Open a Cmd windows as Administrator and run "powercfg -energy duration 5"

It gives a comprehensive report of what settings and applications are "energy hogs"  and let
me identify the one background application that was increasing the timer frequency
(resulting in  more power used).