[AccessD] Is it over for desktop apps?

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 13:56:22 CDT 2022

I would guess that the number of Americans who need internet access for a
cloud app would be in a business that would have internet.  So the number
of Americans in the market for a cloud based app for their business who do
not have internet access would be very small.  83% of Americans have
smartphones, so for those business platform apps, the user market would be
almost universal in this country.

The cloud can be loosely defined as "someone else's computer'. For someone
who dials in remotely using a laptop or smartphone to their company's
server, then, their data is effectively 'in the cloud' - it's not google's
or apple's server but their own company.  Still, the market apps accessing
non-remote data, would I suppose be shrinking, not growing.

But I haven't done any research on tyhat.