[AccessD] OT - Software to Limit user Access on Computer

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Sun Feb 12 21:38:04 CST 2023

Hi Listers,

Apologies for the OT but I am hoping someone may know some software to do
what we are wanting.

I have a Windows 11 computer we are using for remote demonstrations.  Users
can RDP into the computer and run our Access database for testing purposes.
We are wanting a Kiosk type scenario where we can define what applications
and folders a user can see.  There are multiple users each with a different
set of folders assigned to them.

I am aware that this is available using Windows server but the cost is
beyond my means.  I have found single user kiosk solutions but I want to be
able to configure it for multiple users based on their login details.

I have looked at a web based solution (TSPlus) but this doesn't give enough
control over the folders.

Does anyone know of anything that could do this?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand