[AccessD] Horror of horrors

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 00:36:33 CST 2023

Well, I did a reinstall of windows onto the Lenovo, again using the boot
drive from my HP.  In this case I had already downloaded all the drivers
for the Lenovo and installed then onto the usb drive I was working off of.
So I am back up, with the only things lost (AFAICT) being a handful of
things in the documents directory and my DropBox local directories.

On that note, is it possible to move the Documents dir off to another disk?

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 5:11 PM John Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to boot my laptop today and it went into an endless boot loop /
> repair.  After mych stuff I got to a command prompt and discovered that the
> c: drive is now a raw" disk.
>
> It is booting to an X: drive which is a very basic system.  It contains
> windows but no users or anything else useful.  No idea where it (X) is
> coming from.
>
> I keep all my dev off on a D: disk which I can do a dir on and see all my
> files (whew) but my boot disk (c:) is nowhere to be found.
>
> So.... has anyone experienced this and more importantly figured out how to
> get the c: drive back to an NTFS system?  IOW recover the boot
> drive(partition)
>
> Luckily I have my old computer which is what I am using now.  The "new"
> computer is my new Lenovo Legion Pro and I really want to get it recovered
> without a format reinstall, although that would not be the end of the
> world.  I took the boot drive from this HP Pavillion, put it on another
> disk and used that to boot the Lenovo (to keep all of the multitude of
> installed programs intact).  Windows 10 did an admirable job of booting and
> working doing that.  I have been using the Lenovo for many many months
> now.
>
> Until today.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> --