[AccessD] Checking for Optional Parameters

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 02:45:49 CST 2023

I agree IsMissing is the correct vba function to call. I rarely use params
that way anymore because it often forces me to usr another variable inside
the called routine, test for isMissing(paramX) then assign something to the
internal variable. Also, isMissing only works for variants if I am not
mistaken (and maybe I am) so that makes me cast the type to what the
internal routine needs to work with. Instead I try to declare a true/false
variable and give it an optional variable in the declaration statement.

Function MyFunc (param1 as string, optional blnparam2 as Boolean =False,
optional strParam as string=“” )