[AccessD] Datasheet Filters

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:41:09 CDT 2023

Dear List(s):

I have a subform in datasheet format on a main form.  Several of the fields
on the subform are currency fields.

The client wants sums and averages on several of those fields. I explained
that you can't do that with a datasheet but that in the footer of the
parent form I could give him all that data but the sum and average won't
line up under its column.  No problem for him.  He's happy with the data on
the footer.

Since they will be using the filters on the datasheet fields to
restrict the data to just that they're interested in, that, obviously, will
change the values of the sum and averages as they apply different filters.

What I need then is a way to see what the filters are, and generate a sql
statement with those filters as the source of the sums and averages.

Q: Is there a way to poll the filters on those fields? I don't know of one.
But I'll bet there is one.

MTIA

Rocky