[AccessD] Create a .lib library for use with Access

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Mar 21 06:36:05 CDT 2023

A "lib" file in Access with VBA code is put in a .accda or .mda file.

It can include any Access object (tables, forms, reports, etc) and have VBA code.

You create it with Access and VBA just as you would normally and write VBA code.   Once saved, you then use it in other apps by setting a reference to it or using it as an add-in.  This is the way all the built-in Wizards work in Access.  The Zoom box for example that you get when you hit Shift/F2 is in a library database.

In regards to a .dll or type lib, you create those in something else, then either write a DECLARE in your code, or set a reference to it in your app, then make calls/use it.   But there's no VBA associated with it.

HTH,
Jim.